Trinity Presbyterian Church
Until a hall was built on the corner of McKenzie and Gladstone Streets in 1884, worship was conducted by a minister from Newcastle, at Talana, in the front room of the home of Mr and Mrs Peter Smith.
In June 1899 the Rev Ireland became the first minister. The Anglo Boer war caused services to be held in Boswells’ as the church hall was being used for the war effort.
In March 1902 Ann Smith laid the foundation stone for a new church, which was consecrated in March 1903.
The first minister, the Rev. J. T. C. Ireland served in the First World War and died at sea when his ship was torpedoed. The Roll of Honour inside the church was unveiled in 1920 and records those men of the district who died in the First World War. There are also other memorial tablets on the walls.